How can you determine if a CBD product is of high quality? We’re back with another list of five essential factors to consider when looking for an excellent CBD product in today’s market, along with a few red flags to avoid. If you haven’t already, check out our previous list of five things to look for here. Now, let’s dive in.
1. Look for clear labeling on buy cigarettes in canada. While appearances may differ, there are a few critical pieces of information that you should always look for, as well as some warning signs. At the very least, any CBD product should indicate the amount of CBD it contains, typically marked in milligrams (mg) or displayed as a percentage (e.g., 5% oil tincture). With this value displayed on the packaging, you will know how much CBD you’re consuming and if the product contains any CBD
Many products also use buzzwords and marketing terms that may sound impressive but don’t necessarily hold much meaning. One common area of confusion is promoting hemp seed or hemp oil products as if they were CBD oil by imitating popular CBD product designs without including any CBD in the tincture. Hemp seed oil is a common ingredient in many CBD tinctures, but ensuring that the list includes CBD is crucial.
2. Be wary of medical Claims A significant red flag indicating that a brand should be avoided is if they make numerous health claims. While it’s true that many people have experienced significant benefits from CBD, research into the cannabinoid is still ongoing. This means that bold medical claims cannot be made; suggesting a product will help reverse severe conditions or perform miracle cures is a clear sign of a dishonest, poorly researched brand.
3. Check where the product is available. This isn’t to say that all products in stores are harmful. However, it’s essential to ensure that they are also available online or at least come with easily accessible lab reports on the packaging. If a product appears exclusively on store shelves, there needs to be more information to rely on beyond the label.
Products with an online presence can provide more details, reviews, images, and lab result documentation. They are also more directly subject to scrutiny than CBD products distributed through third-party stores, so they will generally be more careful about adhering to guidelines, regulations, and honest testing. Off-the-shelf CBD oils have often been found to contain little CBD and may even have illegal levels of undesirable chemicals like THC and ethanol.
4. Consider the taste It may seem obvious, but some people don’t realize that not all CBD oils taste good; many taste bitter and unpleasant. This can significantly affect an individual’s experience using CBD, especially if you’re using a product before bed; having a bitter taste in your mouth before falling asleep is far from ideal.
A high-quality product should ensure that every aspect of the formulation is top-notch, including the taste. Improving the taste can make product development more extensive and expensive since CBD could taste better on its own. Some manufacturers might need to pay more attention to this aspect, even among well-established brands, to avoid this additional cost.
5. Take Reviews Seriously Reviews are an excellent way to hear about genuine user experiences and the benefits others have experienced and build further trust in a product. On the other hand, they also help you spot any brands that may appear promising on the surface but have yet to receive customer feedback. For more information visit our blog.