Indians visit Philippines for many purposes such as business,tourism,work,study. Thus it is required to obtain visa for Indians to travel Philippines.The process for applying for a Philippines visa for Indians involves several steps. However, keep in mind that visa requirements and processes can change.Therefore you will get understanding about visa in this article.
Types of Philippines visa from India
Tourist Visa:Indian citizens planning to visit the Philippines for tourism purposes usually require a tourist visa.
Business Visa: If you’re traveling for business purposes, you may need to apply for a business visa. It requires an invitation letter from a Philippine host company.
Student Visa:For those intending to study in the Philippines. It requires submitting proof of acceptance from a Philippine educational institution.
Visa on Arrival (VUA):Philippines offers Visa on Arrival (VUA) for Indian nationals under certain conditions. This allows for a short stay without obtaining a visa in advance.
Philippines visa requirements
- Passport valid for at least six months beyond the intended period of stay
- Duly accomplished visa application form
- Proof of purpose such as tourist or businessman (e.g., hotel booking confirmation, business invitation letter)
- Confirmed return or onward travel tickets
- Proof of accommodation
How to apply for Philippines visa from India?
You can either apply online through the Philippine government’s eVisa portal or in person at the Philippine Embassy or Consulate General in India.
- Visit the eVisa portal
- Create an account and Fill out the form accurately and completely..
- Prepare all necessary documents according to the specific requirements for your visa type and Upload all required documents.
- Pay the applicable visa fee using a credit or debit card.The fee amount can vary depending on the type and duration of the visa.
- Submit your application and wait for the embassy’s decision
- Schedule an appointment with the Philippine Embassy or Consulate General in India.
- Bring all the required documents mentioned above.
- Pay the processing fee in cash or by check.
- Submit your application and have your biometrics taken (fingerprints and photograph).
- Interview (if required):Some visa types may require an interview. If so, attend the interview at the embassy or consulate.
- Wait for the embassy’s decision
For more detailed procedure of form filling and other,you can refer visa for Philippines from India.
Wait for the embassy’s decision
Processing times for temporary visitor’s visas can vary depending on the workload of the embassy or consulate. It’s generally recommended to apply at least a month before your travel date.
What are the general visa application policies of Philippines Visa for Indians?
There are certain policies you need to check, when applying for a Philippines visa.
- Indian nationals need to get themselves a visa to enter the Philippines regardless of the duration of the stay.
- Indian nationals holding a diplomatic/ official passport who are visiting the Philippines for less than 30 days are exempted from having to apply for a Philippine visa.
- No legal right is attached to a Philippine visa.
- Temporary visitor’s visa for pleasure or business can be applied for by Indian nationals.
- The visa applications which are filed by the applicants are subject to evaluation and approval by the Philippine consular officer.
- The submission of the basic and additional requirements requested by the consular officer does not guarantee that a visa would be granted or not.
- Possessing a Philippine visa does not guarantee entry into the country.
- The Immigration authorities at the port of entry admit a foreign national ito the Philippines.
- All as information on any visa application and its status are kept in strict confidence and telephonic inquiries on the status of a visa application will not be entertained.