Best way to lose face fat: People’s weights tend to rise over time. It’s understandable to want to lose weight in a specific area of your body, such as your face. While you won’t be able to lose weight in just one area, you will be able to slim your face and lose weight overall. Face fat is an accumulation of excess (Join our yoga school in Rishikesh) fatty tissues on the face that gives it a rounder, fuller appearance. Chubby cheeks are cute, but for those who want sharp features like a chiseled jawline, a sharp nose, and sculpted cheekbones, facial fat and a double chin are quite annoying and time-consuming to remove.
Most of the time, gaining fat around the face is a result of gaining excess fat elsewhere in the body. There are, however, some effective methods for reducing facial fat. Maintaining a healthy weight, in general, is the best way to prevent and reduce facial fat. People can accomplish this by changing their diet, exercising regularly, and getting enough sleep.
A 2018 Northwestern University study found that 20 weeks of daily face workout resulted in noticeably tighter skin and larger upper and lower cheeks after 20 weeks. The protocol called for 30 minutes of exercise every other day for the first 8 weeks of the trial, then every other day after that.
Face slimming exercises are the most effective at removing fat from the face. After a month of completing these exercises regularly, your face will appear thin and taut. If your face is a little overweight and rounder but you want to change it to a more sleek and toned shape, try these workouts. These face exercises don’t require any special equipment. All you need is a yoga mat and 10-20 minutes of your time each day to get started. You can sit comfortably and complete three sets of each exercise in a few days to notice visible improvements. So, here we have come with some facial yoga exercises that help you to lose face fat and to achieve a thinner face by doing them. Scroll down to see more!
Yoga For Face Fat
Yoga isn’t as quick as some of the other slimming methods, but it is natural, painless, and long-lasting. To notice positive outcomes, try some of the suggestions below for at least three months. Yoga may be the most effective, (Join our yoga teacher training Rishikesh) chemical-free technique to eliminate small wrinkles and fat from your face. So, below are some facial yoga exercises to get a thinner or slimmer face as follows:
- Simhasana (Lion Pose)
- Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
- Ushtrasana (Camel Pose)
- Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
- Fish Pose
Simhasana (Lion Pose)
Benefits: Simhasana can help you tone your cheeks and boost blood flow in your face by practicing it for four to seven minutes every day. It can also help to prevent wrinkles and laugh lines.
How to do it:
- Kneel and place your hands on your thighs.
- Drop your jaw and open your mouth wide.
- Stick your tongue out downwards, towards the chin, forcefully.
- While breathing through the mouth, make a sound from down your throat that replicates the roar of a lion.
- Repeat the exercise a couple of times.
Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose)
Benefits: As you stretch your chin to the back, Bhujangasana will assist you to get rid of a double chin. It also helps to tone your tummy.
How to do it:
- Lie down flat on your stomach.
- Place your hands on the side, and make sure that your toes are touching each other.
- Now, inhale and raise your head and trunk.
- Take your neck as far back as you can, (Join our 300 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh) feeling the maximum stretch under the chin.
- Hold this position for at least 30 to 60 seconds if you want to work on that double chin, get back to the resting position, and repeat.
Ushtrasana (Camel Pose)
Benefits: Ushtrasana is not only good for getting rid of a double chin, but it can also tone up your stomach.
How to do it:
- Kneel on the mat.
- Place your hands on your hips.
- Now, take a deep inhale and move your tailbone towards your pubis, as if you were being pulled away from your navel.
- Straighten your back and slide your palms over your feet till your arms are straight.
- Hold the pose for 20 to 40 seconds.
Chakrasana (Wheel Pose)
Benefits: Chakrasana can help you lose weight around your jawline, tone up your double chin, and tone up your entire body.
How to do it:
- Lie flat on your back on the floor.
- Now, bend your knees, so that the sole of your feet are hip-width apart.
- Now, place your hands behind your shoulders and lift your entire body off the mat.
- Let your head hang gently so that you feel a slight stretch on your neck.
- Hold for a couple of seconds and repeat.
Fish Face Yoga Pose
Benefits: Do you enjoy taking selfies with a pout? You’ll fall in love with this facial yoga stance right away since all you have to do is suck your cheeks (Join our 200 hour yoga teacher training Rishikesh) in as you do when you take selfies with a fish face. Then, while still in that position, attempt to smile as big as you can with your pout.
How to do it:
- Sit in a comfortable position.
- Now, Squeeze your cheeks and lips together to form a pout.
- While holding this position, grin to feel the strain in your cheeks and jaw.
- To tone your facial muscles, hold for 20 seconds.
- Repeat five to ten times a day.
Effective Tips to Reduce Face Fat
Numerous ways can aid in long-term weight loss while also making your face appear thinner. Below are some efficient methods for losing unnecessary fat on your face, as well as some basic strategies for preventing fat accumulation over time as follows:
- Stay hydrated: Make sure you’re well-hydrated and drinking plenty of water – water is essential for weight loss, and keeping track of your water intake will not only help you lose weight but will also do wonders for your skin, making you glow.
- Do facial exercises or yoga: Facial workouts can be used to improve facial attractiveness, counteract aging, and improve muscular strength. Adding facial workouts to your routine will help tone facial muscles and trim your face. Puffing out your cheeks and pushing the air from side to side, puckering your lips on alternate sides, and holding a smile while clenching your teeth for several seconds at a time are some of the most popular exercises.
- Add cardio: Losing weight can help you lose weight and trim down your body and face. Cardio, or aerobic activity, can help you slim down your face by promoting fat burning and fat loss. Running, dancing, walking, riding, and swimming are all types of cardio exercises.
- Limit alcohol consumption: Excessive alcohol use can lead to weight gain, especially on the face. Dehydration, water retention, (Join our 500 hour yoga teacher training in Rishikesh) and diminished feelings of fullness are all possible side effects.
- Cut out refined carbs: Refined carbohydrate foods, such as cookies, crackers, and pasta, are common sources of weight gain and fat storage. Refined carbohydrates can raise blood sugar levels, leading to overeating and fat storage. Switching to whole grains may aid in the reduction of face fat.
- Get proper sleep: Sleep deprivation is a crucial part of any weight-loss regimen. It may also aid in the reduction of face fat. Sleep deprivation can affect metabolism, causing weight gain, increased food intake, and elevated cortisol levels. As a result, getting enough sleep may aid in the reduction of face fat.
- Manage your stress levels: Increased stress can increase appetite and cravings, as well as make staying active more difficult, all of which can lead to weight gain. Yoga and meditation are two stress-reduction strategies that may be effective.
Why the face is getting fat?
Excess facial fat is caused by a bad diet, a lack of activity, ageing, or genetic disorders. The cheeks, jowls, beneath the chin, and neck are the areas of the body where fat is most noticeable. People with rounder, less-pronounced facial features tend to have more face fat.
You can lessen the appearance of fat on your face using a variety of ways. Changing your food, adding exercise to your routine, and modifying some of your daily routines are all excellent ways to boost fat loss and weight loss, which may help slim down your face. For optimum results, be sure to couple these suggestions with a balanced diet and frequent exercise to support weight management and enhance overall health. Rather than concentrating solely on decreasing fat from your face, it is preferable to concentrate on overall fat loss and weight loss. You’ll drop weight from your face as well if you reduce weight overall. We hope you enjoyed reading our post. Have a question? Please write in the comments section.