Triund a very popular Trekking destination located in the state of Himachal Pradesh. Triund famously known as the crown jewel of Dharamshala gives a beautiful view of Dhauladhar mountain range and on the other side scenic landscape of Kangra Valley.
Triund trek is an easy trekking through lush greenery and comfortable terrains. Triund trekking offers gorgeous snow covered mountains, fascinating species of bird watching and walking through rhododendron and oak trees. Triund Trekking offers you beautiful blooming flowers, Water falls, lush greenery, dense forest, camping, river crossing and snow capped mountains.
General information for Triund Trekking
- Best place to start your trekking is from the base of Dharamkot however you can also trek to Triund from Mcleodganj and closer valleys which includes Bhagsu and Gallu.
- Dharamkot to Triund Trek distance: 5.45 km
- Trek duration: 4 hours
- Your backpack will be checked before Trekking seeking any plastic or restricted materials which are not allowed to carry.
- Carry your documents as your ID cards are checked.
Best places to watch out for during Triund Trek
- The first half of the trail is pretty gentle, rising through dense oak forest and then through steepy slopes of Laka ridge on rocky terrain.
- Next comes the beautiful view of Dhauladhar mountain range with the pyramidal Peak of Mun.
- The initial trek offers amazing bird watching spots as this trekking stretch is popular for songbirds.
- To satisfy your hunger cravings, multiple delicious Dhabas and Cafe’s are also there for you during your entire Triund Trekking.
- The middle trek is quite steepy through the Triund ridge which includes walking through beautiful rhododendron and oak trees.
- The last phase of trekking involves an open grassy ridge that makes its way to Kangra Valley.
- At Kangra Valley you can take rest and also can do Camping and some fun activities on the grassy land. Enjoy the night with a bonfire and delicious dinner. Wake up early and experience the fabulous Sun rise from Kangra Valley surrounded by scenic landscape.
Dhauladhar mountain range view
- Dhauladhar mountain range through its great heights provide thrilling views of different mountain peaks.
- Experience other peaks as well which includes Moon peak, Rifle Horn and Arthur’s seat.
Pine forests of Himachal Pradesh
- Make your way through the beautiful dense Pine forests with gorgeous blooming red Rhododendron amongst the Pinewood and the coniferous trees.
- Experience the amazing view of Kangra Valley during sunset.
Explore the beautiful Himalayan Ranges
- Triund Trekking offers a trek through the gorgeous snowline, the Lakha cave and Indrahar Pass.
The Captivating Kangra Valley
- Kangra valley is a popular spot for Camping.
- The place is surrounded by scenic mountains and gives you an amazing view of Sunset.
- You can capture fascinating pictures and beautiful selfies.
Dharamshala and Mcleodganj
- Nearby to Triund you can also visit Beautiful Dharamshala for its wonderful places and adventurous activities and Mcleodganj for its beautiful Trekking experience.
Best time to do Triund Trekking
- The prime season for Triund Trekking is Monsoon season from June to August which makes the entire Triund Trekking experience blissful with waterfalls, flowing river streams and rain.
- Winter season November to February is also the best time for Triund Trekking as it involves mountains covered with snow, and fog.
- For best weather or climatic conditions summer season from March to May is favorable for Triund Trekking.
- Trekking during Monsoon season includes waters on rocks, steepy slopes and terrains which makes the pathway slippery so walk slowly and carefully.
- Do carry trekking poles in monsoon season as weather or climate changes drastically which involves heavy rain and rapid winds.
- Take shelter or halt in a safe place during heavy rain and speedy winds.
- Trekking during the winter season involves extreme cold atmosphere and temperatures, so you must wear and take extra warm woolen clothes.
- During the summer season, carry caps and sunscreen and wear lightweight clothes.
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Carry lightweight backpack
Things to carry
- Proper trekking equipments
- trekking shoes
- Best comfortable clothes according to the respective season.
- Hand gloves
- Trekking poles
- Your personal medical kit